Lawyer Michael Stefan provides companies in:
- designing IT contracts (hardware and software licenses, copyrights, utilization)
- legally securely preparation and control of online shops (terms and conditions, data protection, right of revocation, consumer information) and social media activities
- IT projects in connection with cloud computing, software introduction and outsourcing
- legal aspects of big data applications (data protection, IT compliance, IT security, in house training courses)
- privacy-compliant application of onsite-tracking, re-targeting, e-mail-trading
- trademark registration and protection of trademarks against illegal usage or application
- reputation management
- or as an extern data protection officer
Since 1998 he deals with the trend of Cyberlaw as an author of many publications and takes part in internet projects at the institute of Law and Informatics, Saarbrücken. Furthermore, he gives lectures and further education on the Cyberlaw and data privacy law regularly. Michael Stefan is a lecturer for media law in the degree course of services management media and communication at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University. Moreover he is an external data protection officer for diverse small and medium-sized companies. He is a member of the German Association for Computing in the Judiciary and a council member of Breitband Neckar-Alb.
As a member of the Editorial Boards of Cyberbanking and Law and as publisher of the CBL-Journals, contiguous to the professors Maximilian Herberger, Helmut Rüßmann and Claude Witz, Michael Stefan kept busy with the Law of cyberbanking and cyberbrokerage from 1999 to 2004 while studying. In the years of 2001 to 2007 he was a coordinator of the project JusData, which analyzed the development of cyberlaw and IT law in Germany and France. From 2006 to 2010 Michael Stefan was an editor and publisher of the Saarländischen Arbeitsrechtlichen Journals.
Michael Stefan studied at the University of Saarland and at the University of Lausanne. He was a student and research assistant at the institute of Law and Informatics, Saarbrücken under the leadership of the directors Prof. Dr. Maximilian Herberger, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Helmut Rüßmann and Prof. Dr. Stephan Weth and at the chair of Prof. Dr. Maximilian Herberger for civil law, legal theory and legal informatics. While internship at the Richard Boorberg publisher in Stuttgart, he gained an inside view in all fields of production and law.
As an offset to his work Michael Stefan does Tai-Chi-Chuan and horse riding. He gets enthusiastic about furniture and the design of the 60s and 70s as well as for works of the abstract expressionism especially of Mark Rothko. One of his most popular items are the slim bronzes of Giacometti at the Fondation of Beyerle and at the art gallery of Basel. You will find Michael Stefan every year at the Montreux Jazz festival at Lac Leman and when he tastes champagne at the Route du Champagne en Fête.